FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does the client feel during treatment?
SHR is almost painless and client only feels a warm sensation. It is lightning fast and will be over in minutes! There is no downtime!
What can I expect after each treatment?
As hair grows at different cycles, it will take repeat sessions to effectively reduce the hairs. You will see lesser and finer hairs after each session. Most customers can see 40 – 70% reduction by the mid of the package or even better! The number of sessions required differ between individuals. Please note that results differ between individuals, such as
- Skin tone
- Hair color
- Thickness/ Volume
- Individual Hormones (or on medications)
- Treatment area
Unlike darker hairs, Red or Blond hairs will need more sessions.
How long should the intervals between the treatments?
Treatments are spaced at 3 weeks in the beginning. As hairs become lesser and finer, treatments will be spaced between 4-6 weeks.
How long does each session take?
It only takes 2 mins for Upperlips/ Underarms. For larger parts, such as legs, it takes between 10 – 12 mins.
What are the popular areas treated by SHR?
Almost any parts of the body can be treated. Most popular areas are underarms, upperlips, fingers, legs, arms, beards, Brazilian, back etc. It is also suitable for ingrown hairs.
Will my hairs ever grow back?
Actively growing hairs that have been treated with SHR will not grow back. HOWEVER, hair follicles that are not in active grow phase, will still need to be treated.
It is not unusual to see fine hairs after a few years due to hormonal changes, such as pregnancy, medication, menopause or aging. Touch up maintenance is recommended.
SHR for 16 – 17 years old
- Parental consent and presence are required on the first appointment.
- More sessions will be needed, as hormones are still changing, and hair growth is still rampant during teenage years
- Results vary among individuals. Everyone will experience hair-regrowth over time, REGARDLESS of the technology use as new cells are regenerated.
BEFORE THE TREATMENT
Please inform the therapist if you
- Are having menses, pregnant or have any open wounds before the treatment
- Are sick, having or just recovered from rashes, eczema, dermatitis related skin allergies
- Have performed any of the activities listed in (A)
(A) WHAT DO I NEED TO DO BEFORE & AFTER TREATMENT?
- Do not wax or pluck 3 weeks BEFORE the treatment or between the treatment
- Do not use perfumed products, fragrances, deodorant, aromatherapy oils, bleaching creams 48 hours before/ after the treatment
- Avoid swimming, sauna, steaming, hot shower within 48 hours
- Avoid suntanning one week BEFORE or AFTER treatment
- Avoid exfoliating, microdermabrasion or peels 1 week before and after the treatment
- Avoid wearing TIGHT clothing 48 hours before and after the treatment
- Keep the area dry, clean and wound free
Please shave 1-3 days before the treatment to reduce and avoid skin sensitivity. After the treatment, apply soothing moisturizer, aloe vera or anti-hair regrowth cream.
SHR IS UNABLE
- To achieve permanent hair destruction in ONE or TWO treatments
- To remove White Hairs
- To be performed on sun burned skin, sores, blisters, cuts, wounds, irritations, tanned skin
- To be peformed on skin with allergies, dermatitis, eczema
- To be performed on recently waxed or plucked skin (Need 3 weeks interval)
- To be performed on tattooed skin